Greets from Atlanta's southside

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

starwars1138

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Near Atlanta
Hi Gang,

I'm a transplanted Yankee down here in the South.  Where I came from, barbecue was a verb... but I've come to understand that barbecue is indeed a noun (even a Yankee can be taught!).  As such, I took up the pastime about 5 years back with a Char-griller side box set-up.  While I like a good steak or brat as much as the next guy, I get much more excited when I smell smoke.  Upgraded to a XL Big Green Egg a few years after that (I was attracted to not having to tend a fire during an 18 hour smoke - which has worked flawlessly by the way) and have never looked back.  Have done a beef shoulder clod (18-20lbs), countless butts, many briskets, and several prime-ribs and various other roasts.  I'm hopelessly addicted.

Been fascinated with charcuterie of late and have picked up a grinder and sausage stuffer as well.  Had great results with that.  A few months back, I did a corned beef from our grass-fed side of beef we get every year and it was the best I've ever had.  Looking to try a pastrami next and interested in corning some other cuts (since that poor cow only sheds one brisket per side, I'd like to let the next one go the more traditional route).  Want to cure and smoke a picnic ham or two this fall.

As soon as I win the lottery, I'll have a curing chamber and a smoke-house set-up for salami, country ham, and anything else I can dream up.  

Looking forward to rubbing elbows with you all!  And if you're meandering around south of the airport in Atlanta and catch a whiff, follow your nose and you'll likely find me on the deck, next to the Egg, enjoying a beer.

Chris near Atlanta

Welcome aboard Chris.  You are the opposite to me.  I'm an ole Alabama boy up in Maine making some good Q.

If you have not already found out,  the seach box up top will answer almost any questions you may have.  If not,  just ask and someone will solve your question.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a later rainy  East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on                  just about  everything

Gary  

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...

I sure do like my BGE.
Happy smoken.
David

Hey Chris

Welcome to the Smoking forum. You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have. Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right. LOL. Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky