• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings

Cody_Mack

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 8, 2021
Hello All – my name is Rick and I live just west of Houston, TX. Arkansas native but been in SE Texas area from not long after high school.

Although I do not own any special equipment, or techniques, I’ve been around BBQ and Smoking my entire adult life. In fact I never owned a gas grill until just a few years ago when a neighbor had a hand-me-down Weber Genesis for a C-note. It gets me by for my grillin’ needs, but I’ve also been caught throwing in a remote grill thermometer and a smoke tube and turning into a decent smoker for a couple of hours…he he. So you can see where my heart is…and that Tri-Tip was yummy!

I have a few current interests that I want to pick up and learn about:
- curing and smoking, cold smoke and high smoke, and what’s best to do when why and how
- some sort of DIY smoker, versatile for cold and hot smoke
- and since I was a kid I have thought about having a large offset brick smoker (go figure that one…)

My moniker is inspired by my two puppies, Cody and Max; a toy black-tri Aussie, and Max (the cat!), a chocolate Pomeranian. Max just turned eight and Cody is right behind him with a New Year eve b-day!

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum from NorCal! I am sure you are going to pick up a lot from this forum....

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Welcome from Nova Scotia

This is the place for all your smoking needs and great for show and tell

David

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Al

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
Welcome to the forum. Lots of people and threads to look at and learn from.
Enjoy and Happy smoking!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.