Greetings from Vikings territory!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dveldh

Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Moorhead, MN
That would be Minnesota's West Coast in Moorhead, right next to Fargo, ND. Started last year with an ECB for a couple runs, decided I'd like to try a sideburner and found one on closeout from Wal-Mart. Did a few runs at ribs, tenderloins and chickens and decided it was too small, but the approach I liked. Picked up a Char-Griller Pro on sale at Menards and have been making mods based on what I've been reading from the more experienced hands here. My girlfriend has been questioning my getting into this (but she still loved the chicken!). I'm thinking this is something to help me with one of my worst bad habit--impatience. This weekend will be the seasoning and first run on the Char-Griller, so hopefully the spare ribs survive.

DV

Smoking will definately teach you some patience-You can't be in a hurry with a 10 lb pork butt on the smoker. Welcome to SMF and by the way--GO BEARS!!

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the new smoker. You will find lots of info here as well as some awesome recipes. Seems our other halves always think we're nuts until they start tasting all the great stuff we smoke. Of course it takes even longer for them to get used to us taking Qview
biggrin.gif
Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to smf DV. Pretty soon your girlfriend will have the camera all ready for you as soon as the food comes off the smoker.

Glad to have you as part of the SMF. Plenty of great ideas and experiences from friendly folks. Enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky