Greetings from Southern Arizona!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porksnork

Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Vail, AZ
Hi!

My name is Andrew and I live in Vail, AZ (near Tucson) and I recently received a new grill and a MES 40" as a gift from my wife a couple of weeks ago. I have also recently ordered the AMNPS from Todd and should actually receive it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it because I hate loading the chips so often! :)  

We recently purchased our home here and we have a decent chunk of land and in the spring we should have about half an acre dedicated to just growing different vegetables (I want a whole bed just for different chiles and peppers). I would like my kids (4 and 2) to learn not only how to grow their own food, but how to smoke it and preserve it as well! They aren't so enthusiastic about the meat at this time, but they do like BBQ sauce, so its a step in the right direction.

Anyways, glad to be a part of the Q-munity!

Welcome aboard Porksnork. Glad you found us. You're gonna love it here. Lots of great infomation and advice. Not to mention the folks are very friendly and always willing to share. Sounds like you have a very loving wife. You're going to absolutely love the AMNPS!! I'm envious of you for having the space to grow your own veggies. Again,
welcome1.gif

Sounds like you are settled in a nice place. I love the Tucson area. Lots of nice weather year around. Glad you are here with us. Lots of Knowlegdeable folk eager to help when you need it.......
welcome1.gif

Hi Andrew! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Hi!

My name is Andrew and I live in Vail, AZ (near Tucson) and I recently received a new grill and a MES 40" as a gift from my wife a couple of weeks ago. I have also recently ordered the AMNPS from Todd and should actually receive it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it because I hate loading the chips so often! :)  

We recently purchased our home here and we have a decent chunk of land and in the spring we should have about half an acre dedicated to just growing different vegetables (I want a whole bed just for different chiles and peppers). I would like my kids (4 and 2) to learn not only how to grow their own food, but how to smoke it and preserve it as well! They aren't so enthusiastic about the meat at this time, but they do like BBQ sauce, so its a step in the right direction.

Anyways, glad to be a part of the Q-munity!
Welcome to a fellow Arizonian.
welcome1.gif
  Spent 10 years in Tucson, working for IBM, whose plant was very close to Vail.  I sure miss the milder weather and more informal, "cowboy country" feel of Tucson over The Phoenix Valley.

Good Smoking!
thumb1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky