Greetings from Colorado

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by benny75, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hi everyone. I'm completely new to the art of smoking (got an Old Smokey for my birthday last week). I grew up in Kansas and Missouri, near Kansas City, and have been disappointed by the bbq options here in Colorado Springs, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I also do a lot of homebrewing, so I'm looking forward to creating a bunch of marinades with my homebrew, as well as drinking a lot of it while eating my own smoked meats.

2. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome aboard, another smoker in CO, cool!

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF you'll find lots of good info and recipes here. Try signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it has some good stuff in it and its free. Congrats on the new smoker. Have fun and happy smoking

4. cinnamonkc

cinnamonkc Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Let us know when we should make our plane reservations. Micro brew and smoked meat...Mmmmmmm [​IMG]

Welcome!!

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello and welcome tot he SMF. Congrats on the nice smoker, you'll find pleny of use for it real soon!

6. ibsmoking

ibsmoking Smoke Blower

Welcome Benny, have lots of fun and a few brews too. Smoking and drinking go hand in hand.

7. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad to have you with us at SMF! Definitely sign up for the eCourse Pineywoods mentioned, it's a great help to all newbies to this great hobby!

Good luck with your first few smokes. Lookin' forward to some pics [​IMG]

8. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang Benny don't let the neighbors know ya smoke and drink. They may never go home.

9. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum! Just so's you know, we have relatives that live in Security (close to Widefield). When you get to brewing and smoking, I may have to make a trip[​IMG][​IMG]

10. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

11. crockadale

crockadale Smoking Fanatic

Beer and BBQ, what else is there? Welcome aboard.

12. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

welcome to smf!!!!