Greetings from Boise!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stestardi

Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Boise, ID
Hi All,

My name is Steve Testardi, and I'm in Boise, Idaho. I've been lurking here for a while, but figured it's time to make my presence official.

After years of trying to smoke food on a gas grill using wood chips, my wife and I finally purchased a Smith & Wesson 500MAG in June last year. My very first project was a smoked salmon and since then, I've used it to cook everything imaginable -- jerk chicken, brisket, ribs, corn bread, baked beans, sweet potatoes, turkey, peppers & onions, burgers, steaks, even smoked nuts!

This forum has been a great resource -- thanks to all of you who contribute!

Steve

Welcome tot he SMF, and I'm glad to know that you're willing to try smoking anything that comes to mind. You'll fit right in here with our friendly membership. I'm looking forward to hearing about your next smoke, and the Q View too!

Welcome to SMF Steve,you'll find lots of information here!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

welcome aboard Steve-my lady a cajun & she can't pass road kill without a smokin comment-heck 1/2 of whats in the freezer I not sure of.

Welcome. So, you made corn bread in your smoker. That is a new one to me, maybe not to others here. Did you use wood, how was it?

Hi Bert,

I use a pellet smoker, so wood is the only source of heat. I baked it at whatever temperature the package directions called for (350 maybe). We used off the shelf cornbread mix (Marie Callenders), and my wife added some corn kernels and minced jalapeno. It was awesome. The cornbread really picks up the smoke flavor, and I found that you can bake the cornbread in the oven and add it to the smoker for just 10 minutes at a low temperature (180) and it picks up the smoke flavor just fine.

Steve

Welcome aboard Steve!! Wish you joined earlier so we could see some Q-view of all the stuff you did while lurking!!

Glad to hear that you're out of the shadows, and into the thin blue smoke. Welcome to the SMF.

I just upgraded from lurking status myself! You'll love it here...a home away from home!

QueTeePie
Tracy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky