Greetings Fellow Meatheads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

juicer80

Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Greetings Fellow Meatheads,

I recently joined this site at the direction of Jammer5954 (thats us w/ Raichlen). I have been smoking on a Masterbuilt electric smoker for years now. I know, I know, electric? Small children make it difficult to keep an eye on the temperature all day, so this will have to do for now. I also just purchased a new Weber grill but I guess there's a different blog for that. The Chicago winter seems to be fading, & the sweet smells of hickory & cherry wood will soon fill my neighborhood. Looking forward to reading the forum.

Warmest Regards,

John

Hello John and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF  - glad to have you here with us  

You'll get no flak here for having an electric! If your Weber grill is a charcoal kettle you can smoke with that too. I did for years.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF . You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge.

Welcome to the SMF Family...I used a Charcoal fired NB Offset to get AWAY from the kids when they were young. Three little girls wanting to do your hair and put nail polish on you? Needed a break... Now I use the MES cause I'm just old and lazy!...JJ

Last edited:
Welcome to our site!  We have a grilling section as well here too!   All tools of the trade!  We have one very very bad habit; we all love to drool so please post lots and lots of Qview for us all to enjoy!  Thank you so much for joining!

Welcome aboard, John!

If any of old farts here don't have a Weber grill someplace on the patio?  Well, we should have!

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky