Great source for oven racks for smoker build!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

backtothebush

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
I have been posting craigslist and kijiji adds to try to find oven racks for my smoker build and having no results. I needed to take a different approach.

I looked for ads by "scrappers", guys who pick up scrap metal for a living. I contacted a few and apparently, due to the type of metal, when they get an oven, they throw away the racks!!! I asked a guy to save some for me. Got a call yesterday and he had enough saved up. I traded the old liner from my fridge build, the copper lines and compressor and an old steel bed frame. Cost me nothing. Got 10 free great shape oven racks in exchange for scrap metal I would have just given away.

Last edited:
Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky