Great NY Strip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chuckles

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Western Illinois
NY strips have always been one of my favorite steaks. Almost always tender, flavorful and relatively lean. I never knew that a NY Strip could be improved. Well... smoked a 14 oz strip on my Bradley digital tonight. Sprinkled very lightly with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and onion powder and smoked with hickory for about an hour at 225* to an IT of 145*. Foiled, wrapped in towel to rest for about 10 minutes while my wonderful wife cooked some veggies. Looked and tasted absolutely great. Beautiful light pink inside. Oh, so tender and succulent. We both agreed it was the best NY Strip we've ever had. Forgot to photo the finished steak, but at least I photo'd the finished meal.

You need to take Pics a little earlier in the process! Smoked steaks are great...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky