Great deer loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrh

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 24, 2006
Iowa
We just ate a deer loin that I smoked in the Bradley, it was great! I used a prime rib recipe I got on the net. It used Olive oil, garlic,black pepper salt and thyme. I coated it yesterday morning and left it in the fridge until this afternon. Put it in a aluminum pie plate and it went into the smoker set at 220 with hickory pucks. and ran around 1.5 hours until it hit 138 degrees internal. I pulled it out and let it rest around 10 minutes before we ate it. Here is a pick of the little piece that was left(If my wife and daughte ate as much as my son and I it would have been all gone ) Will do this again for sure!! Oh and I sprinkled a few onions on top before smoking too.

Mark

Now that is a good lookin loin!!
Nice job!
wink.gif

man that looks great, never thought of cookin' like a PR, got keep that one on the list, (things to smoke list).
Keep up the good work.
drooling-5.gif

Lawdog

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky