Graduation Party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timh

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2015
I am cooking pulled pork and pulled chicken(Sandwiches)and two sides for 50 people. How many pounds of pulled pork and chicken do I need? I did the math. Just trying to get some real numbers.

Typically 1/3 pound per person is what I do. However, it a graduation party and if your going to have lots of younguns there you might go heavier. Those boys can eat! I assume you will do sides. Put those on the buffet line first.
Now for the real question... How many chicken people and how many piggy people are in the group ? B

Typically 1/3 pound per person is what I do. However, it a graduation party and if your going to have lots of younguns there you might go heavier. Those boys can eat! I assume you will do sides. Put those on the buffet line first.
Now for the real question... How many chicken people and how many piggy people are in the group ? B
Thanks bdskelly for the info. It's mostly family members. I think more pork eating than chicken. I have 25 lbs+ pulled pork cooked and 16 lbs of pulled chicken cooked. That is shredded and weighed.

Sounds like you got it going on brother. Post a pic of the feast if you get the time! B
The party is not until June. I vacuum sealed all of it in 4lb and 1lb package until I get a definit head count. I can do 16 whole chickens or 8, 10lb Boston butts or 12 racks of ribs at one time in my smoker. Spent this whole last weekend(three days) doing the meat.

I will send some pictures in June.

Sounds like you got the food covered. If the party is anything like mine when I graduated high school many years ago. We filled up on liquid nourishment mostly and skipped the solids.

Remember the pics

Chris

Reactions: SonnyE and bdskelly
I think getting a jump on it is a great idea. Heat and eat.
Who's bringing the beer?
(I dunno about where you are, but it's hot here in June.)

Here is a great calculator for figuring out the amount of food to buy for any amount of people.
Al

Attachments

• CateringV306.xls
    91.5 KB · Views: 34
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky