• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Got some new toys in today!!!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Then start a brisket for overnight smoke.
I have the RT-700. One thing I have loved is no more overnight cooks that I had been doing on my WSM.

This is the temp profile I use on briskets and usually I can get them done same day. Start at 180 for an hour or two (that is max smoke on the rec teq). then kick it up to 275 till probe tender all over. This works real good, lots of flavor and cuts the time way down. I usually stat them at 0600, or a touch earlier. But never do overnight cooks, because I dont have to :).

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
YUM! I'll take a big slab of that! Cooked to perfection!

bdawg

Meat Mopper
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2011
Welcome back! They look great and I am with you as a new Recteq owner. I just got my Recteq 700 about a month ago and absolutely love it.

hammer77

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 8, 2015
Nice haul man, congrats on the new cookers! I too just started back poking around here. Is it me or is buying new cooking stuff addicting?

fftwarren

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 26, 2010
Nice haul man, congrats on the new cookers! I too just started back poking around here. Is it me or is buying new cooking stuff addicting?
Absolutely!!! Soon as you get one thing you start looking at the next little gadget to take things to the next level 💪🏼

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Yup---That there looks like some Good Stuff!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

civilsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 27, 2015
That’s some good looking cooking.....I got the 1250 right after it came out....just LOVE it....I think you will be pleased with yours as well! Have you used the bullet yet? It has been calling to me but just trying NOT to give in to the call....

oh and welcome back!

fftwarren

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 26, 2010
That’s some good looking cooking.....I got the 1250 right after it came out....just LOVE it....I think you will be pleased with yours as well! Have you used the bullet yet? It has been calling to me but just trying NOT to give in to the call....

oh and welcome back!
I haven’t unpacked the bullseye. Won’t until February (that’s when we will move into our apartment). My buddy bought a bullseye and did his inaugural cook of some babybacks yesterday. He is brand new to smoking and they came amazing. He is over the moon

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.