Got some Bottom round roast to smoke today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrod62

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Jun 13, 2011
New Athens IL
never smoke a bottom round roast  so why not.

got two of them

a4545d68_IMAG0599.jpg

02fdc298_IMAG0601.jpg

here it is with my rub. going into the frig. for few hours. i'm going to try "Chef Jimmy's Au Jus" with the roast.

I'm cold smoking some CB for about 4 hours then going to throw it on the smoker with the roast

a8a7d1fc_IMAG0602.jpg

I build my first UDS few weeks ago and last weekend I filled my basket with 10lbs of lump charcoal.

smoke around 6 hours saturday and about the same on sunday .this morning when i look in the basket.

still got about a half of my basket left
kewl.gif

now my side fire box smoker would have used at least two bags or more

b9bc6451_IMAG0593.jpg

pepsi.gif
popcorn.gif
  will add more Q-views as the day go on.

Lookin Good jrod! Can't wait to see the slices! I've got 2 bottom rounds being turned into pastrami right now.

Good luck...JJ

I didn't have all the the goodies that is call for in "Chef Jimmy Au Jus" ( i'm to lazy to run to the store)

so I hope it still turn out. anyways put Onion,Garlic and green peppers . will add the beef broth after its been

in the smoker for an hour.

533e3c60_IMAG0615.jpg

found this rack in the wife kitchen cabinets . might get this upside my head when she get home today
wife.gif

(took one of her pizza pans last week for an ash catcher for my new UDS.
Bottom.gif

took one of her cookies sheets for a baffle in my offset smokers last year. 
no_no.gif

8cb538f3_IMAG0620.jpg

got these "L" brackets, drill few holes and I can add another rack in the smoker .

4e9db2e4_IMAG0604.jpg

put the Canadian Bacon on with the potatoes (I got another post going on the CB)

94b9951f_IMAG0606.jpg

here we are with all of it in the UDS.

6fbe04b4_IMAG0625.jpg

WELL, I will be back later with the rest of the story
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Into the fridge.  Sliced thinly on your slicer tomorrow?  You gunna have some great sandwiches!

Good luck and good smoking.
cut half of one up for dinner then tomorrow will slice  up the rest  as thin as my slicer will let me.

got some Canadian Bacon to slice too.

got up this morning and had some Canadian Bacon and the roast beef to slice up.

slice it as thin as i could get it.

f799a356_IMAG0653.jpg

can't wait for lunch.
drool.gif

f0d82ddc_IMAG0651.jpg

thanks for looking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky