Got a good dried beef recipe?

Discussion in 'Beef' started by deersmoker, Aug 25, 2007.

1. deersmoker

deersmoker Newbie

I have been looking for a good dried beef recipe that isn't real time consuming. Most of the recipes I have found require quite a lot of time. If you have any suggestions on the best way to do dried beef, I'd be grateful.

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

There was a thread awhile back asking the same thing and what dried beef is, apparently different to different people.

Can you describe your idea of dried beef?

3. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yes sir, I have a reciepe, its too late tonite for me to find it, I'm flaming out. I will look tommorrow. [​IMG] Terry

4. ba_loko

ba_loko Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

By the way, DeerSmoker, please stop by over at the Roll Call forum. Everyone would love to give you a proper greeting.

In case I miss it over there, I'll post it here....

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here. If you have questions, please ask. If you have advice, please offer it!

5. deersmoker

deersmoker Newbie

Deejay,

The dried beef I am asking about is done with the sirloin or round. You smoke/dry it and slice it paper thin and then use it in a white gravey over toast or mashed potatoes. It is also delicious to eat plain or in a sandwich.

My question deals with the curing and smoking process.

Thanks,

6. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

AH okay that's what I always called it - the last poster to request this was asking for something different. Let me look.

7. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

This site sells it, says it's cured for three weeks then smoked. I'll keep lookin. In the service we called it SOS (S**t on a Shingle). If you do make some try it on toast with a couple of fried eggs on top
    http://www.vogetmeats.com/retail.htm