GOSMs at Walmart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The last one is not a big block. The big block comes with 5 adjustable rack supports/levels, and 4 chrome racks/grates. Still is a decent price for not having to pay shipping. if you're close to a store.

Last edited:
I am looking at these now as well. The only place that seems to carry Big Block now is Bass Pro at $199 plus $34 shipping.  So, it is $100 difference.  It seems that both have 18,000 BTU with a small difference in dimensions.

I am looking at these now as well. The only place that seems to carry Big Block now is Bass Pro at $199 plus $34 shipping.  So, it is $100 difference.  It seems that both have 18,000 BTU with a small difference in dimensions.
That was what I noticed............from what I have read so far, the Big Block has a 36 x 24 x 16 inches box dimension. The $130 model in Walmart has a 34x24x16 dimension.

Last edited:
The walmart model is 34 x 20 x 14"
You are right............

So............

Bass Pro - Big Block (3605 BGD) = 36''H x 24''W x 16''D Box Dimensions = $249 shipped

Walmart - Med Block (3405BGW) = 34"H x 20"W x 14"D Box Dimensions= $140 shipped with taxes to your nearest Walmart

I think that's the difference..................

id buy the one from BassProShop.com  It will be 199 before shipping but its much larger. I believe the one at BPS is 29"wide and the one at walmart is only16" or 20" wide. Hard to get a whole rack of ribs in it without cutting.

Ok, pulled the trigger on the Big Block.  WM ship to store takes forever (2-3 weeks), could not wait that long.  With home shipping, the price difference becomes smaller. It also turned out that the Bass Pro site did not charge tax, even though they have a store in my state.

cool.gif

The heck with all of that Big to Small to Medium Gosm. I would just run out to Gander and get the smoke vault 24" and just be done with it. I have both and they are all good smokers too.

Congrats on the purchase  I just ordered one too.

Ok, pulled the trigger on the Big Block.  WM ship to store takes forever (2-3 weeks), could not wait that long.  With home shipping, the price difference becomes smaller. It also turned out that the Bass Pro site did not charge tax, even though they have a store in my state.
Mark I like the vault but for the same money if not less I get a smoker that is 29" wide and I believe the smoke vault is only 24"

cool.gif

The heck with all of that Big to Small to Medium Gosm. I would just run out to Gander and get the smoke vault 24" and just be done with it. I have both and they are all good smokers too.

$98 at Walmart is the regular one--16" wide--Model # 3405GW

$139 at Walmart is or was called the Widebody-- 20" wide--Model # 3405BGW

$199 at Bass Pro is or was the BigBlock-- 24" wide--Model # 3605BGD

Last edited:
I just bought the Big Block at Bass Pro last weekend and I love it.  I'm very impressed with the quality of this smoker.  I did 2 racks of ribs on the same level with no cutting of the ribs.  It fits a TON of food.  I did corn on the cob at the top level as well.

This weekend I'm doing another 2-4 racks and a roast.  Probably finish the roast in the oven wrapped in foil, but at least 3-4 hours to start in the smoker.

I really like the GOSM-BB so far though and glad I found this site for the recommendation.

cool.gif

You mean Smoke Hollow.  Smoke Vault is out of stock pretty much everywhere and is $400, which is way above the $200 ish league.

use coupon code

SAVE20A

It'll get you twenty bucks off

Thees a whole lot of difference in the 2... trust me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky