Gosm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 12, 2007
Mayville, Mi
I just purchased the GOSM and cannot wait to get it . I was reading the step by step manual posted by our our host Jeff and he mentioned curing it . I am not sure what I have to do, but I sure would appricate any help anyone would be willing to offer . I have done some smoking with a good friend but now it is time to spread my wings .Thanks in advance

jts70, curing or seasoning a smoker or grill is easy. You are basically cooking out the factory gunk and smells along with coating the inside to keep rust from forminng. Basically you will coat the inside with oil and fire the GOSM up to around 250º to 300º and let it heat for 2 or 3 hours. This will help set the paint and burn out the nasty smells. Read over this link, it might help you out. There are other posts about seasoning the smoker here too.

http://bbq.about.com/od/smokers/a/aa082104a.htm

Keep Smokin

The manual included with the GOSSM will also give detailed instructions for curing it.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Curing is for people who read directions. Buy a couple cans of PAM, get some ribs or a brisket or even some burgers. Spray it ALL over w/Pam, liight it up and put some meat on it. Gotta get that first smoke outta the way some time! When your done, spray it down again w/pam.

I use pam alot, she's nice.
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

good luck Jts! Let us know how everything goes, good or bad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky