GOSM / landmann 2 Drawer Vertical Smoker VS. 1 Door ??

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by dk666, Apr 15, 2010.

1. dk666

dk666 Fire Starter

Anyone have a 2 door ? I'm looking at this from Bass pro or the regular 1 door from Walmart. I thought I have read that the 2 door can't hold a lot of wood in the Wood door, So just checking to see if that's a Problem to worry about ?? or any other thought on 1 over the other . The wide one from Walmart is in the back of my mind but I'm limited on space on a balcony and don't really make ribs all that often to matter if there cut in half, So I think It's between these 2 as to my new toy
    Thanks for any advice you guys can offer !!!

2. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I have the 2 drawer gosm, it has the smoking cab on top, and 2 drawers, one has the water pan in it, and the other has the wood box in it, the wood box is somewhat small, probably 5x5, I use chips, but w/ the drawer, I don't lose heat having to add wood or water, I like it, I'm thinking of ordering another water pan, and water pan drawer and using that for the wood, then I could use bigger chunks, and have it be pretty much a set it and forget it smoker

3. dk666

dk666 Fire Starter

Thanks for the reply after going back and forth I cheaped out and went with the Reg GOSM from Walmart for $130 plus I won't have to travel to BassPro to get the 2 drawer model should be here next week maybe break it in next weekend !!!