goose???????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
I know this isnt the place to ask this question but there is alot more people here i think. Has anybody smoked a goose if so can you give me some tips on how to???
confused.gif

Okay here is what you do....first soak in salted water for three days, changing out the water 2-3 times a day, then the night before the smoke marinade in some Italian dressing, in the morning wrap in bacon and prep the smoker, I prefer apple or cherry smoke for goose, now here is where it gets tricky, I use a ceder fence board and place the meat directly on to it, smoke at 250 for around 4 hrs at around 150* pull and let rest, while it is resting you can snack on the ceder fence board....because the goose will taste worse........
All of my goose gets ground and mixed with pork and made into brats. summer sausage or cotto salami....if it where me I wouldn't waste my time ( because i already have and it is not worth it)

1 Gallon water
1 c koser salt
1 c brown suger
1 c Orange juice
1 c worchy
2 T faverite rub
Soak 6-8 hours
smoke till 165* internal

Here is one I used with great results.

Marinade:

2 Cups Soy Sauce
1 Cup Brown sugar
2 t Black Pepper
2 t Garlic Powder
1 t Cayenne pepper
1 t Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 t Ginger

Makes enough Marinade for 2 Goose Breasts

Smoke breasts @ 200-225° for one to two hours or until internal temperature reaches 170°.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky