• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Good use for old P.P.

martin1950

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 18, 2019
Found a couple of older undated bags of smoked pulled pork. It's hard to beat a hot bowl of chili on these cooler Michigan days. Now onto the smoker for 6-8hrs to blend and cook down. And to answer the nagging question-------that's a 6 1/2 qt cast iron pot. I'm all out of "favors due" so most of this is headed to the freezer in 6-8hrs. in single serving butter tubs.

pp 1.jpg
pp 2.jpg
pp 3.jpg
pp 4.jpg
pp 5.jpg

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Darn good looking chili! Lots of good meals to come in your future.
Jim

rc4u

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 4, 2015
well when ya try it is hard to not want it.. there are many rec. on here. but i find it hard to follow a rec. as my gramma had such an influence. and in 8th grade i was first to take home ec. {i liked girls} taught e'm how its done. the next yr it was crowded.

Ain't never done it, green that is. Always been shy of eating green things.

rc4u

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 4, 2015
home made dry then soaked beans, baked n on the side to add if needed..the old stoves had the rear left burner deep pail just for beans. to soak. or am i to old or in prairie with no neighbors for miles

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
So the couple of chili threads in the last 2 days along with the cooler temps have me wanting to make it.

This is a great idea. I've made chili out of Beef and Venison, but never out of pork. We always have left over PP after a smoke. Nice job.
I haven't used pork, either. But right this moment, I am smoking half a butt and a 2.5 lb. chuck to use in a pot of chili tomorrow. Both have been heavily seasoned with my version of Malcolm Reed's chili. I'll be using his smoked chili recipe as a starting point and go from there. Hopefully tomorrow it will all come together...

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
martin1950 Thanks for the like I appreciate.

substituting components many times offers great changes in our food line up.

Warren

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That’s definitely some good looking chili!
Nicely done!
Al

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.