• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Good Traveling Smoker

scpatterson`

Joined May 27, 2007
Anybody got any ideas on a smoker that is easy to travel with. Say in a camper or in the back of a truck. We pull our camper and would like to take a smoker with us. My camper has a garage in the back that could hold one but it would need to be light enough to lift it up as high as my truck bed because the garage is just as high if not a little higher. I was thining about the Chargriller Smokinpro. Thanks

texan

Smoke Blower
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2007
Put a trailer hitch on the back of the camper and build a trailer pit. You'll be the envy of the RV park. Not to mention, a friend to all.

scpatterson`

Joined May 27, 2007
I have had my eye on 1 of those lang cookers for along time and have looked at putting a hitch on my camper. Man that would be a great addition to the camping trips.....

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
yes I did it and just stomped on the box at the end of the weekend and put it in the dumpster, and left with no smelly smoker. Worked out great. You can pre-build it at home and just leave it when you go on.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
SMELLY SMOKER what are you implying? I love that smell!

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
here's a thought- i've used them for years. they last forever & turn out great food. i always had the medium. even last 2-3 years on a boat getting sprayed constantly w/ saltwater(i just replaced all the screws w/ stainless right out of the box) here's the link. http://www.oldsmokey.com/0210OS.html

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.