Good store bought sausage to smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loki993

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Ive been thinking about trying to smoke a few things on my grill lately and I figured some sausage and a fattie would probably be pretty easy to try. Think is I dont make my own sausage and was wondering if theyres a good kind to try from the store?

Ill give that a try. Id like to find some hot links but my local store, really small, doesn't have any. Id assume precooked stuff should generally be avoided, I normally don't use those for anything except for quick microwave lunches, it at all.

Most of the grocery stores around here sell unsmoked sausage. It isn't by the hot dogs, bacon and smoked sausage, it's usually in the meat section near the pork. My favorite grocery store has 3 varieties Cajun, green onion and italian.

I was gonna say Johnsonville makes some pretty good sausage but in this house now It's home made or you don't get any. That goes for bacon too.

I'm with rbranstner. You can't really go wrong. I love Conecuh Sausage if you can get it where you are, but have never put any sausage or hotdogs even that I don't like. Seems the cheaper the dogs the better they smoke up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky