Good scale?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
I've been trying to be good and measure with grams and percentages making sausage.
I've been using a Taylor scale but it chokes on partial grams. I've been just rounding up.
Any recommendations?

American Weigh Systems or whatever the $10-20 ones are. They sell them at headshops. They should go to hundredths of a gram, and be pretty accurate by the tenth. They will also probably have something like a Gemini-20 which goes to the thousandth of a gram, but they are overkill and annoying to use (Google them and you will see what i mean).

If your scale doesn't come with calibration weights, you can just weigh something standardized like coins.

Reactions: SmokyMose
American Weigh Systems or whatever the $10-20 ones are. They sell them at headshops. They should go to hundredths of a gram, and be pretty accurate by the tenth. They will also probably have something like a Gemini-20 which goes to the thousandth of a gram, but they are overkill and annoying to use (Google them and you will see what i mean).

If your scale doesn't come with calibration weights, you can just weigh something standardized like coins.
Thanks!
Haven't been inside a head shop in 40 years LOL!

Reactions: Hamdrew
Problem solved. It weighs in Grams as well as Grains. Should have thought of it sooner.
scale.jpg

Reactions: Hamdrew
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky