Good 'Q in Austin, Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billyq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Hey Gang. Gonna be in Austin, Texas over the holday weekend. Anyone have any suugesstions for a place to get good 'Q? I have a Rudy's here, so that's out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i dont know about good Q there, but i know there is a great steakhouse right by the Ramada Inn, i know there is a Q place around the same area as well.....i believe it is Austin South.... just cant remember exactly where it is...i have CRS...lol

i have not done austin fer years but i ( no que) eat @ thundercloud subs.conan's pizza- there is a stubbs bbq- that would be the place-- go to stubbs... and if yer there overnight - go to magnolia cafe & get the whole wheat pancakes.....

Definitely gonna hit Stubbs, if not to eat then to get some of his bbq rub. It didn't taste like much to me when I tried a pinch of it by itself, but when I used it on some ribs it was great. If I use Stubbs rub, I don't even sauce my ribs.

p.s. we're going to memphis fer ribs- i know interstate, corky's, & memphis diner... can tell ya if it's better'n mine.......i do strive to be the better'n or the best....but i am competing w/ dry,wet, rub, sauce, mustard, carolina stlye... i'm doing texas marinade & wood- ,no sauce and a hawaiian sauce...so militant about my cook...
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif

I hear ya Gypsy. Try and make it Rendesvous and see if they're all that. Let us know.

sorry- i'm really cocky & proud but i watched this travel channel & disc. stuff. and i have served over 25,000 plates over the last 3 years- i've tried places & i just don't think they measure up.plus i know how tv balloons things... wish we could be @ the smf gathering but w/ a baby due the wkend before that,grandma coming fer a visit, & a nascar race bbq cookoff - i just don't see making it.best of luck & best wishes for all those that get there- take plenty pics.

Give Ruby's a try. Its in the downtown area around 6th St I think. Its been 5 or 6 years since I was there but it musta been good for me to remember the name.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky