Good Morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Char Grillers are great. I've been smoking with one for about 2 years now. Invest in a Char coal chimney. I got a Weber one from Lowes for about $20. I start with a full Chimney worth of charcoal.  I put it in the fire box and put a couple of presoaked wood chunks on top of the coals (I like chunks better than chips, they last longer). I add more wood chunks about every hour ( 2 - 3 depending on size) and more coal about every 2 hours. I keep the side vent open all the way and the top vent 1/4 open. One of the easiest and tastiest things to smoke is Boston Butt (Pork Shoulder). Smoke it for 8 hours. It should be about 160 degrees by then. Take it off. Double wrap it in aluminum foil. Place it in a pan put it in your over at 280 degrees. With in 2 hours your house will smell amazing. Monitor you temps. It usually takes about 4 hours in the oven. When it gets to 200 degrees pull it out keep it wrapped. Let it rest for 30 minutes. After that the bone should pull strait out and and the meat should fall apart. 

PS: the night before cooking I dry rub the meat and while its smoking (About every two hours) I use a spray bottle and spray on Apple cider vinegar on the Butt. 

Good Luck. I hope this will help.

Welcome to the forums Rick!  Congrats on that new smoker!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky