good morning yall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbchoice1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
well, bubba isn't going to like it, but it is happening... starting an all night smoke now... but we have lost our camera... jeez.... so I can tell you what is going on...

first, friday I got a brisket... not just any brisket, but a whopper... right at 30 dollars american for 16.99 pounds of slow smoked goodnes... well, not yet, but it will be...

I made up a rub of brown sugar, smittys, cajun seasoning, and paprika... rubbed with mustard, and then applied rub... wrapped it up in about 100 yards of saran wrap and into the fridge it went... until right now...

just seared it ever so slightly and the criss cross on the fat cap is very pronounced now... of course it probably helped that I ran my fingers and the rub between the cuts and down into the muscle...

got it setting on 230 in my new braunfels... using a bit of hickory to kiss it with and gonna check it out here in a bit...

also gonna make some beans, and abts...

now on another note... I'm whipping up some ground and making a breakfast casserole that I found out about today... take about an 8x8 glass dish and spread some cream cheese on the bottom... then grate some other cheese of your preference (I'm gonna use colby/jack and muenster) chop up veggies of your choice (I'm using onions, mushrooms, bell peppers... then brown up your meat of choice and layer that in on top of the cheese and veggies... then kinda whip up an omelet type mixture with some eggs (4) and some milk (about 1/2 cup) and pour that on top... then bake in the oven/grill/heat source at about 375 for an hour or so... now some people use toast on the bottom, or biscuits, or something like that... to each your own...

again, sorry about the lack of q-view but I'll still be reporting back...

How's the butt going? I also typically score the cap now, and try to get the rub in there...good plan!

And..I guess you din't want to admit to a quiche eh? LOL Good man!

I don't know if Bubba's going to buy that lost camera thing, but we'll just see!
icon_smile.gif
Sounds pretty darn yummy anyway.

good morning fired er up at 530am threw a slab of pork ribs on bout 615 69* outside temp this is going to be a great day still thinken what to do for sides

men don't make "quiches" rich... HAHAHA.

everything turned out great... cooked it for about 15 hrs... well, once it was up to temp... I stoked the fire and kept it around 180 for a couple of hours... couldn't even cut it.... the whole thing just fell apart... you could take some strings and squeeze them and juice would poor out... absolutely melt in your mouth... I did find that a lot of the weight was fat, but it was okay... one of the most tender that I've ever seen...

cheryl made some sauteed shrooms...

didn't get around to making the abt's... was just so tired... and other chores got in the way of anyone helping... they were busy doing other things... all in all, very successful... wish there were pics...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky