Good morning from Chesapeake, VA!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brkemmerer

Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Hello all! I'm a total noob to this meat smoking world and I found this site while searching for propane smoker reviews. So I don't even own a smoker YET...but the purchase is coming soon!

My wife and I LOVE good smoked BBQ. She's about to have weight loss surgery so her diet is about to change (for the better) to be protein based. So I'll be cooking up a LOT of meat for, well, the rest of our lives together and we need flavor without the added calories. Enter SMOKE!

Our favorite cuts are pulled pork butt (which I've made a dozen or so in the crock pot), brisket, chicken, shrimp and I'm a salmon lover!

Looking forward to churning out some quality stuff in the near future and learning the art from some of you more experienced folks!  Take care! God bless! Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the board! Lots of smoker reviews here, also experience and tips.

You will love smoking salmon, it's easy and variable.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy and rainy looking day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

So I've decided on the Master Forge 20-lb Cylinder Piezo Ignition Gas Vertical Smoker (Common: 50.15-in; Actual: 50.15-in) offered at Lowes.  So first smoke will happen in the next week or two.  In the process of moving into a new house so it's been pretty busy with packing and prepping.  May be what I do to feed the church folks who are helping us move!  Smoke some meat, move my stuff and then we eat!

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky