Good Friday Afternoon from a new user

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gwaters27

Original poster
Just thought I would say hello to the forum since this is my first time on and post. I'm a Georgia native currently residing in Atlanta. I've been experimenting on my smoker for a couple of years now and the smoking frequency is ever increasing.
I'm using a New Braunfels Bandera vertical smoker as seen in the profile picture.
I like this smoker but then again it's the only rig I have ever used. Pros - plenty of space, racks, hanging racks, fire box/grill, easy access to water bowl, small footprint. Cons - thin metal - hard to maintain temp but have placed bricks in box to help, rust prone, alot of space but not a large single area - no whole hogs.
I've also rigged up a gas line to help with stablizing the heat during those long smoking nights.

Well, I could keep rambling on but I will spare everone the pain.

See ya

George

Welcome. You will find you will be smoking more than ever now that you are here. Post some QVIEW for us, we love it.

Good luck in your smokes.

Welcome to SMF there are plenty of folks on here with awesome advice, don't be afraid to ask. It sounds like you have a good base to build on already.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky