Good Day Gentleman!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whitegardens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 7, 2015
My name is Nick and I'm located in Central Illinois.

I got interested in smoking meat the last couple of years after having a debacle with an unfrozen turkey that was supposed to go into the fryer. Well, we had buy a replacement turkey and so I borrowed a gas smoker to cook the extra one.

Needless to say I caught the bug, or at least I was re-introduced to smoking.

Growing up, my father would smoke a turkey every year for thanksgiving, and he used to have a homemade pit for roasting a whole hog.

So I guess I've come full circle.

My ultimate goal in joining is to post a solid article or thread on cold smoking with a soldering iron. During my searches, I only seemed to find incomplete threads, or threads/articles that were lacking on the subject.

Also, I might do a write up on my PID controller that I built for my smoker.

Thanks guys and have a great day.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky