Gona make a "slinger" fatty, but I have a ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cgeb

Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
For those that don't know what a slinger is, the are a couple of chili places in St. Louis that serve what is know as a slinger.

A slinger consists of chili, cheese, eggs, a hamburger patty, fries and/or various combos of those items. Basicly it's chili topping on your selected items.

Ok so should make a great fatty I think, except everything is inside and not just topped with chili.

But, I have this vision of beans exploding and blowin my fatty up. Anyone cook a fatty with beans in it? Tell me it didn't explode when you smoked it?

I can't say that I've ever cooked beans in a fatty, but, I don't see any reason that a "cooked" bean.....(chili)....should explode inside of a fatty.

Give a whirl and let us know how it turns out!! Experimentation is the key to good recipes!!

L8r,
Eric

I haven't done beans yet, but that is a lotta stuffin'.

Yes I would use the chili for the topping.

Let us know how it turns out.

If the beans are already cooked, it should not be the reason for the explosion. I've made Fatties, ABT's, and New Mexico firecrackers with beans and never had an explosion. Good luck my friend.

my last fatty was done with black beans,and they 'might' swell a tiny bit, but I doubt it'll make your fatty rupture and blowout. it didn't mine.

If that were the case then that gallon of beans in my baked beans would blow the lid clean off of my log burner. However my baked beans have been known to blow the seat out of other things.
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky