Going to try for a Head Start

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by acemakr, Dec 16, 2009.

1. acemakr

acemakr Smoking Fanatic

I'd like to serve a couple of Fatties on Christmas morning but I don't want to be up at 3am getting everything started. What's the general consensus on smoking ahead of time (maybe a day or two) then re-heating them before serving? I rather liked CowGirl's corned beef hash fattie recipe and I think I'd like to try an eggs benedict fattie. Will a re-heat dry it out? Maybe cook it half way on the smoker then finish in the oven? Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It should be fine to smoke ahead and then reheat in the oven.
    I have reheated them unstuffed in the oven and stuffed ones I would always cut slices of and fry in a pan but if you wrap them in foil (maybe unwrap towards the end to crisp bacon back up) they should be perfectly fine.

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now I have made many a fattie and so I have re-heated even more pieces of fatties. I haven't tried this way to re-heat on a fattie but I have used it on a whole chicken thou. I use a pasta pot with the stainer sleeve inside and boil some water in the lower section and steam them hot that way you won't dry out anything and you will have a nice new pot for pasta too.[​IMG]

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I'm not a pro at them yet but Ive made a few extra last couple of times and wrapped them in foil. There great for lunch at work if ya have a zapper, just don't put the foil in the zapper, ya might not get a x-mas bonus!