going to make a "few " smoked sausage this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

just making a few

popcorn.gif

pepsi.gif

Keep us informed,

Tom

That looks to be close to 100 pounds of butts if those are 2 packs!

I'll be watching this for sure!

My back hurts just thinking about that many at one go!

popcorn.gif
 Im in!! What flavors are you thinking 

A FULL SMOKER IS A HAPPY SMOKER AND YOURS IS GOING TO BE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! 

DS 

its 147.74 lbs to be exact ....lol  should be around 135 lbs after deboning ,  i'll post an exact figure once i tally it all .

Last edited:
Holy Sausage and meatballs! Hope you got a power stuffer!!!
i figured out how to attach my cordless 18 volt drill to my stuffer .  can do 15 lbs in a few seconds ...lol

i control the speed , the wife controls the tube , it goes pretty fast

a BIG part of it is going to freinds , i told them i would make it for them at cost , i am keeping 30 lbs of hot and spicy for me and not sure how much

of the mild the wife is keeping for her , but she told me tonight all but  5 lbs was spoken for .

right off the bat i made a rookie mistake ,  we deboned and ground 6 butts last night and seasoned them to marry the flavor overnight

then 1st thing this morning we started stuffing , the meat was waaaay to cold and that made it to hard for the cordless to handle so

i had to do the 1st 50 lbs by hand and it was still hard , today we have roughly 100 lbs done but not smoked , just plain ran out of room

so the 1st thing i have to do Sunday morning is put a load on the smoker in order to get room to debone , grind and season the last 7 butts

so far the deboning has been the worst of it

i'm losing a tad over 2 lbs per 50  after deboning , so not bad there

That is a Herculean effort for just the 2 of you! I'm not familiar with your equipment, what size is your grinder?

Looking forward to some end results!

GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY.... I have blisters on my hands just thinking about all the cutting to make it grinder ready ...

:sausage::sausage::sausage::sausage::sausage::sausage::sausage:

i have no idea what size the grinder is , its just a cheap one we bought from harbor freight , but it works great , no complaints here

i don't cube the  meat,i cut it into long strips and the grinder pretty much feeds itself

i have no idea what size the grinder is , its just a cheap one we bought from harbor freight , but it works great , no complaints here
 i don't cube the  meat,i cut it into long strips and the grinder pretty much feeds itself

That says a LOT about your dedication to this hobby! Carry on friend, I look forward to some plated results.

out of 147.74 lbs of Boston BUTTS the bones weighed 7.93 lbs .  

i think its time to sharpen the grinder blade's  but i have no idea how ...lol

we have ground probably  north of 300 lbs  of meat since we bought the grinder . so i figure its time to sharpen them

out of 147.74 lbs of Boston BUTTS the bones weighed 7.93 lbs .  

i think its time to sharpen the grinder blade's  but i have no idea how ...lol
we have ground probably  north of 300 lbs  of meat since we bought the grinder . so i figure its time to sharpen them

Check this out:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky