Gobble, gobble, oink! Bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WaterRat

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 14, 2018
Hamden, CT
Hey All, I made some bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins the other day. This is a quick easy smoke. Here's a link to Jeff's version: https://www.smoking-meat.com/november-3-2016-bacon-wrapped-smoked-turkey-tenderloins

I started with 2 ~1lb turkey tenderloins and brined then o/n.
Brine: 1.5qt water, 0.5 qt apple cider, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1 heaping TBSP Tony Cachere's, about 10 cloves smashed garlic. and some fresh thyme.

20210109_133821.jpg

Rinsed the tenders and patted dry. Seasoned well with rub - can't say exactly what the rub was, a friend gave it to me from her cousin's BBQ joint outside Houston. Not too sweet, I'd stick to a pepper and spice heavy rub, not a sweet rub.

20210113_155707.jpg

Wrap in bacon, they took 5-6 strips each... actually I have a confession... I wrapped in bacon then realized I had forgotten the rub! :emoji_angry::emoji_angry::emoji_angry: After a good bit of foul language had floated out over Long Island Sound I unwrapped the bacon, rubbed and rewrapped the tenders. Onto the smoker at 250F for close to 2 hrs and IT of 165F. I stuck a digital probe in each after about and hour and started watching my temps, I didn't want to go over on these. Started smelling wonderful about 45min into the cook.

20210113_164710.jpg

20210113_184601.jpg

Looks good!!!

20210113_184656.jpg

Meanwhile some twice baked potatoes were being made by my GF as well as some sauteed spinach and a salad to round out the meal. Very tasty and pretty darn easy as far as it goes.

20210113_184850.jpg

Oh, for some reason I decided it was Classic Cocktail Night. All ingredients shown except ice, bonus points (which are worthless other than as bragging rights) if you can name the drink!

20210113_183852.jpg

Looks great! I had to cheat for the drink recipe. I'll see if someone can actually guess it.

I have no idea on the drink....but I sure would tear up a plate of that! And the drink too!!...im not picky , hand me a drink and I'll drink it!

Looks great! I had to cheat for the drink recipe. I'll see if someone can actually guess it.

Thank you! Yeah, near impossible guess if you've never had one ;)

Nice job those look delicious. I do those with boneless chicken breasts all the time

Thank you! The local supermarket (BigY for those in NE) just put turkey and pork tenderloins on sale for $1.99/lb! I stocked up.

Looks great. I love turkey. I’m gonna have to try this!

TY! Go for it!

Great job on the smoke! Looks really good.
For the mixed drink I guess..........

I have nothing. 😂

Thanks!

Looks tasty! No clue on the drink. I’ll go with a Cherry Scotchamosa haha

TY! It was. "Cherry Scotchamosa" - Thats funny!

Thanks!

I have no idea on the drink....but I sure would tear up a plate of that! And the drink too!!...im not picky , hand me a drink and I'll drink it!

Thanks! Good meal, tasty drink too!

Sure looks great! And the drink...mine...empty...can I please have another! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

I thought I knew almost all the classic cocktails. I had to google that one. Nice choice!

Thanks, quite tasty and the GF liked it too (I've had them before...) I also like a nice Sazarac but always balk at the store when when I reach for the bottle of absinthe and see the $50 price tag:emoji_astonished:

The Mystery drink answer below....

...drum roll.... Blood and Sand. The color is a bit redder than the pic which looks a bit brown. The drink was named after the Rudolf Valentino bullfighter silent movie "Blood and Sand" due to the deep red color of the Cherry Heering which rather looks like blood. If you make it, shake it really, really, well with plenty of ice - no gentle stirring here.

Thanks for playing!

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky