Gloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muddydogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Ogden Utah
I've been handling mostly frozen meat off and on now for about 3 months and I think I have messed up a couple fingers as they just can't handle the cold anymore. Wonder if I got a little frostbite in the ends of the fingers and now the cold just makes them hurt bad for a couple hours after I'm done. I'm wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for an insulated rubber type glove I can use for mixing meat?

Today I found a light cotton glove I was able to squeeze into a dish washing type rubber glove but I thought I was never going to get them off at the end of the mix.

I tried my silicon insulated barbecue gloves but there big enough that they kept getting sucked off my hands plus the thumb hole is cut stupid on them and which makes it hard to mix meat effectively.

These with the cheap harbor freights over them. Works great.
2ae12e0445dd128a0d43abc7adb38fa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Amazon, you can find silicon gloves that are flannel lined and also NSF approved for handling food. I use them for cold and hot food and they work very well.

I spent some time on Amazon and decided I would give these a try,  
They look like the fingers are cut better then my Silicon gloves and they don't have the little heart shaped texture gripping things that take some time to clean once done mixing sticky meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky