Glad to have found this site!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johninpa

Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Northwest PA
Created an account a couple days ago after happening upon this site quite by accident.  I have an old Traeger Texas grill that wasn't real useful until I added a digital control for smoke and heat.  Aside from the usual ribs and pulled pork, more recently I've taken to making my own bacon.  It's easy and so much better than store bought.  Currently we are buried in snow with bitter cold temps, so it's not great for outdoor cooking.  Looking forward to spring and getting the Traeger out more often.  Meanwhile, I'm in the process of learning to make sausage, and of course smoked sausage will be on the agenda.

Last edited:
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forum, john. That traeger can put out some fine q. Changing out of that analog controller is the best mod you can make for it. All the best and thanks for stopping in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky