Gift from the wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah you gotta season CI correctly. I remember a thread here years ago from one of the good old boys that detailed the sanding and seasoning of cast iron. If I had time I’d find it.
You shouldn't need to sand C.I. pans with the correct seasoning it should/will fill in the little bumps and voids.
Keep using them and seasoning them until the bottom of the pan is as slick as a baby's butt.

Just now reading through this thread, and didn't see what I expected to see. Normally when my wife comes home with a "gift" like that for me, it comes with a price. Your wife didn't break anything or max out the credit card?

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
i disagree with post about no sanding needed.. why are all the old ones smooth? and they work.. if you season enough to make smooth , I would never buy a new on. it would take for ever. and if ya use a little tomato in it the acids take the season ,,, you want easy to use not put it away. and veg oils work but if ya have a few of em and don't get to use regular it does go rancid and flax seed oil does not..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky