Gift from Old Poi Dog

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by scarbelly, Oct 2, 2010.

1. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well I am finally getting around to posting this pic of the great gift I got from Val.

I sent him some grease for his LEM and he sent me some great Maui coffee and some macadamia shortbread Big Island treats.

Thanks again Val

[​IMG]

2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

nice score,  I would love to do an exchange but can't think of anything special here to send, well other blue crabs but that is very costly

3. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    man that looks good........bet that would go great with a nice cuban smoke in the morning!

4. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

You'ld be suprised at what you have locally that is great for swapping. Local bbq sauces or rubs that are made by the small mom and pop places are great as they usually are only available in a small area.

another thing is bbq aprons and accesseries from your area.

local artisen cheeses are great too.

5. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I am sooooo drooling. I want some! Macadamia nuts are the best! I did a cold smoke on some not too long ago and they rocked.

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I just have to love those exchanges. Now Road King there has to be some of your local rubs and sauces that other folks can't get their hands on. Everyone can do an exchange with some one.

7. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice exchange...

8. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thanks again Val for being so kind.  You know you always have a place at my table and unlike Chef Rob I will not pin ya to the wall if you come here