Giant Acorns?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Out trying to find pecans which having no luck and found these. Its a oak tree and these look like giant acorns. Never seen such a thing. I am buying pecans for the first time in many years. Trees used in past cut down and trying to find a good public place with trees impossible!

20211119_090211.jpg

Racked the Blueberry wine. Man I love that color.

20211117_123248.jpg

Never saw Acorns that size or shape. I would think they were Pecans from the shape...JJ

There is a bunch of Oak trees on and around my property. Never seen an Acorn that big. Interesting...JJ

Reactions: TNJAKE
There is a bunch of Oak trees on and around my property. Never seen an Acorn that big. Interesting...JJ
So many different acorns varying by region. I've seen some whoppers here. Some similar to that size. Most of ours are common size though. You can see the watermark at the top of Brian's acorn where the hat would have initially been
Screenshot_20211119_203742~2.png

Reactions: Mr. Zorg
Sounds like Burr Oak is right. Says largest acorns.

I've never seen such large acorns either so I guess I haven't ever been under a burr oak tree. Bet the wildlife love those, but I can't picture a chipmunk with one of those in each cheek!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky