Getting Tougher on SPAM!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
I have set up the forum to be a little tougher on SPAM.. so far so good. Previously you could register and jump right on the forum and begin posting and accessing all of the member areas.

Now the forums are set up so that when you register, you receive an automated email with an access encoded link. You simply click on the link which takes you back to the members area at SMF and you are a confirmed member.

Why is this extra step a good thing?

Most spammers will not give a valid email since they only want you to click on a link so they can receive credit and a few cents. Since they do not give a valid email, they will never get the automated email and therefore never become a member that can post in the forums.

Please tell anyone you send to SMF to watch for an email from me just as soon as they register which will allow them to click and instantly become a part of the greatest Smoking Meat forum online.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

21f1ef9e_vbattach11797.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky