Getting better smoke Gravity 800?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbabie

Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Hi there... I searched but didn't see this. If there's another post, please kindly direct me :)

Got the Gravity 800. Loving it, generally. The smoke seems inconsistent though... I put the wood chunks into the ash tray as recommended. I know that there's also the option to put wood into the the hopper itself but is that the only way to get good smoke? I don't like that just because I can't really control the smoke once it's down in the hopper. Would wood chips be better in the ash tray?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

No layer small amount of chunks with your regular fuel in hopper is the way to go. You can always use lump as it's actual wood instead of briquettes

Yes a layer of lump charcoal (2-3 inches or so) and a add wood chunks then repeat till full.
You'll get plenty of smoke flavor. I add small chunks to ash pan for a quick smoke also.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky