"GET 'ER DONE" - The new handy man book from Time Life.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq engineer

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2009
DeSoto, KS
When you’re in “GET ER DONE” mode, you don’t always consider the long term ramifications.

OK- I might get over the outlet in the shower. But I will not accept the toilet paper holder IN the
shower.

SafeRedirect.aspx

When the power company told its crew to run electricity to this house, I'm sure they didn't mean to
just stick all the wires through a hole in the roof!

SafeRedirect.aspx

Pretty safe isn't it? I mean the hot lead is at least a quarter inch from a metal oil pipe and it is almost 48 inches off the ground so children won't touch it...

SafeRedirect.aspx

Yes- go ahead and connect the dryer vent to the water heater flue.

SafeRedirect.aspx

What the hell?

SafeRedirect.aspx

The county inspector had JUST signed off on it. Said it was "all he could do since it was a remodel".

SafeRedirect.aspx

If you can't bend metal conduit, just use a few extra junction boxes!

SafeRedirect.aspx

You know you're a redneck HVAC tech when you use a chew can for a junction box.

SafeRedirect.aspx

When you do not have an outlet box, use a Nike box.Just do it!

SafeRedirect.aspx

"Screw that I-beam- just cut it. That is the framer's problem."

SafeRedirect.aspx

Instead of flashing the penetrations, install buckets with pipes under the drips.

SafeRedirect.aspx

.........shower and ceiling fan in master bath...."
Hmm.where does the wire go and how much glue did he use to stick that thing there?

SafeRedirect.aspx

The ad listed the house with a "whole house attic fan". Professionally installed no doubt.

SafeRedirect.aspx

If you can vent ONE bathroom exhaust then you certainly vent THREE!

SafeRedirect.aspx

"I paid an electrician to do it"

SafeRedirect.aspx

"Flashing!? We don't need no stinking flashing!"

SafeRedirect.aspx

"Look- I had 18" of pipe and this bag of couplers."

SafeRedirect.aspx

I think this goes to a ceiling fan mounted on the ceiling of a bathroom on the other side of this wall. Maybe.
SafeRedirect.aspx

Supply air, meet return air.
SafeRedirect.aspx

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky