Georgia Bob here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bob brisket

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

My name is Bob and I'm been living in Georgia since 2002. Originally from Pa. and also lived in Ct, NC and current at Ga. Married with 3 kids and one grand child. Very new to this whole thing. My wife Betty has been an unbelievably great cook from the moment we met back in 1998 and is not afraid to create pretty much anything (she's looking up making a rub as we speak). My family bought me a smoker for Christmas and handed me a beef brisket and ribs as part of my gift. I've always had a passion to be a slow cooker but too intimidated to cross the line so I guess you could say my family pushed me over the line. I am now the proud owner of a Master Forge 2 door gas smoker. Got it for Christmas and put it together yesterday. All I've done at this point is season it. Looking forward to learning and meeting new folks. 
sausage.gif

Hello Bob and welcome to the group!  Congrats on that new Master Forge!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Thanks Red! Looking forward to getting this hobby of mine going. 
icon14.gif

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Bob,

Congrats on the smoker and welcome to the group.  I am new myself to all of this.  I'm originally from Pittsburgh & have been living in Atlanta since '02.  Married now with 2 kids.  Love getting back to PA but GA is a great place.

Good Luck,

-Roman

Hey Roman! I haven't been back to Pa. in a long time. Guess I'm enjoying the Ga. life too much. Originally from the Pocono Mtns. My brother in law and family are down below in the Peachtree City area. Maybe we'll hook up at a BBQ contest one day!

Welcome to the forum Bob

You ve come to the best place for great information on smoking and many other types of cooking! Many friendly people here that love to help. Also make the search button your best friend. There are over a million post in this forum. That powerful information on a vast array of subjects right at your fingertips.
Brian

Reactions: bob brisket
Well considering it's my first time ever doing this and I mean first I was pretty happy with most of it. I smoked hot italian sausage,kielbasa,baby back ribs and a flat beef brisket. My neighbor who has experience in this recommended that I wrap the flat brisket in bacon which I did. Problem I had was i did about 1 hr. per pound of a 3 pounder and I took it out and checked the temp which showed 155 but when I cut in to it after letting it sit it was completely red. Would appreciate some help as to why that happened.

My wife made an awesome rub that we put on steaks last night and I rubbed the brisket in it. I'll post it later.

Overall I was very pleased for the first time doing this and first time using the smoker. Here are the pics of everything.

Bob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky