G'day from Australia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

montes

Original poster
Sep 30, 2013
G'day all!

Thanks for having me here.

My name is Jason and im from Sydney Australia.

What brought me here?
Well on the 3rd of August my Mrs and I got married and headed over to the US for a 1 month Honeymoon. While over there we drove from Vegas all through the south down to New Orleans then up to Tenessee....thjs was a 3 week drive.

Along the way we introduced ourselves to good ol american BBQ, actually our first stop was Rudys in Alburquque. the Brisket..WOW..

We were hooked, where ever we drive we looked for BBQ places, we reasearched and we even watched food shows on tv while in motels to see what other BBQ places we might be able to visit.
Our most memorable experience was THE SHED in Ocean Spings! The BBQ here was amazing..

Ok, well after writing that i have just drooled all over the keyboard, let me just clean this up.kewjhrf ogvubf;ougf iu3f;kjrvhfcyhdvg kewb h... ok done.

So the reason im here is to learn, i want to start cooking BBQ like you guys and i though a forum would be the best place to start.

Cheers and beers.

Jason

texas.gif
Hello, and Welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of good information and great people.

Gary

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! Congrats on the Wedding!

We love to see pictures of what you are cooking (or what we call q-views here at SMF).  To "upload the q-views" just follow the directions here and it will be easier. If you are using a cell phone, an IPad or a kindle, go to the main SMF page and click the Mobile button. Will make the uploads a bit faster too.

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per Jeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Welcome Jason. How exciting! Congrats on the wedding! Sounds like you got it all....a new wife AND a new lover (smoked BBQ) Plus your're just coming into smoking season as we're winding it down. Feel free to hit me up with any questions. If I don;t know the answer, odds are I know someone who does. Take care.

Welcome Jason and congrats on the Neptuals. Lot of information here from how to build your own smoker and receipes to use in the smoker. If my memory serves, we have several members here from Australia.

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

Enjoy the Smoke!

Hello Jason, and welcome to the forums!  You've found the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! We have over 50,000 members now who just love to share what they know. You've come to the best place on the net to learn and share everything Q!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky