Garden is still producing

Discussion in 'Small Spaces' started by smoked, Sep 21, 2007.

1. smoked

smoked Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well it's starting to get colder at night now, but the little garden is still producing, thought I'd post several pic's....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. smoked

and a few more pic's.....this is the start of the rhubarb section along with a small harvest and some of the pickles that have been made and one while they were in the waterbath process....gotta make some more today....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great lookin stuff Smoked , wish I had the time to tend a garden and a little longer growing season wouldn;t hurt either ....your garden turned out great ,nice relaxing looking place [​IMG]

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

We've been lightly frosted already here and most stuff is shriveled and dry. With that fence setup behind your garden you might be able to toss a plastic drop cloth over it at night and keep her going for a lot longer Smoked! That's a nice setup for an almost hot house.

5. webfoot

webfoot Smoke Blower

Decent looking pickles. Nice seeing someone else putting pickles up already sliced.

If weather cooperates and things are normal, we've got about 4 weeks before first frost might hit.

6. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Bill I envy you and any one else here that has the space to have a garden. Those pictures of you veggies look sooooooo good.

7. smoked

yea, gotta do my hamburger dills you know [​IMG]

8. smoked

I've given alot of thought to doing that because of the fence......after all still waiting for peppers to ripe to red on the plants!!!! [​IMG]

and with that thought, did up 5 quarts of your fresh pack dills today.....here they are just out of the water bath....
    [​IMG]

9. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Ah Smoked your a man after my own heart! Your wife is a lucky girl!

10. webfoot

webfoot Smoke Blower

I'll see your slices and raise you a cubed. [​IMG]

32 qts this season plus a couple left over from last yr.
    [​IMG]

11. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I like slices and spears but never tried cubes. Is there something in particular you used cubed pickles for?

12. smoked

okay then, I'll raise you some bread and butter's and dill relish [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Smoked, the garden looks great! Ours is about finished now, just some tomatoes still hanging in there.