Game Hens and Rice on the drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I wanted to try some Rooster Booster on poultry...

I brined some cornish game hens in a mix of water, kosher salt, sugar, and red pepper flakes.

then placed some little smokie slices and butter under the skin...

rubbed them with more butter and sprinkled with Rooster Booster...

smoked in my drum with some rice.... the potatoes and onion were for another dish.

I loved the Rooster Booster. :)

The skin was crisp and the meat was moist.

Thanks for looking!

Always some fine looking meals you prepare, the one hen sitting in the brine like a jacuzzi had me laughing.
points.gif
for putting a big smile on my face.
Never heard of Rooster booster before.

Wow Patty - yet another great meal. Thanks for sharing

Great pics as usual! I can't believe I still haven't tried your "sausage under the skin" trick yet.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

I have suggested she make a little bikini out of bay leaves. Maybe I will talk her into it one of these days.

Another great looking meal, Jeanie! You should have some of my sourdough bread to go with that.
tongue.gif

Looks to me like the male is kicked back in the hot tub while his lady friend is...oh wait. Nevermind, family show.

Great looking smoke Jeanie!

Little Smokies under the skin, I never would have thought of that.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Jeanie do you have a hot tub on the ranch??? I would think so cause last time you did baby birds they were also in the hot tub. To cool!! and It all comes out just fabulous and I really bet it gonna tast really good too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky