FYI....Forum Security Issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
When i logged into the forum this morning i got a window popup on Safari saying my forum PW was found to be on a breach and to change my PW like right now.

Dont know how true this is, just putting it out there.

Sounds like your puter wants you to type a new 1 so it can get it, they have a key stroke bug that tracks what you type, my debit card was compromised recently and the majic box had been running flaky, ran scan afterwards and quarantined some files and now back to running properly. May have no bearing on anything but crooks suck

I use a mac, not saying it cant be hacked. changed anyways and no issues. The popup said my pw came up on a hacked site. i dont have any CC or banking info on my mac.

Ya I don't store anything on mine either although I ck account and pay something that I key in, I don't allow it to remember anything other than log in to sites, may be a mistake even letting it do that lol. I don't allow any memory for my banking site.

Ive seen that pop up on google before. I change them when it pops up. my antivirus also flags me to change them when found "listed".

BUT: most of the sites had already deactivated these PW's before I went to change them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky