fw pics of my first 2 smokes

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ldrus, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ldrus

ldrus Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

this is just a few pics of the 2 smokes i have done first pic is the butt i done that on July 4th the other is the ribs and pork steaks like i mentioned in my first post steaks look WAY better then they tasted to smokie!!!

2. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey lkrus, thanx for sharing the Q-view! Nice bark on that butt! Ribs and steaks look great, too bad the steaks were too smokey for ya'. It is a learning process to get to the thin blue smoke... just hang around, you'll be there in no time!

[​IMG]

3. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Hey Larry those butts, ribs and chops look great. I think you'll be just find if you use less wood and invite me over for dinner! [​IMG]

4. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That will put drool on anyone's keyboard. Good looking effort and great pics. Congrats.

5. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That is some of the finest bark I have seen in a long time.

Darn nice job!!! [​IMG]

6. mdgoos

mdgoos Smoke Blower

I have trouble getting my ribs to expose that much bone, is there something I need to do different? I normally only get about a 1/4 of an inch of bone showing if im lucky, and they seem to still have too much fat close to the bone. Any help would be great.

7. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

try the 3-2-1 method & spritz heavy. now that cook rocks.....

8. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Nice pics lkrus. Thanks for sharing.

mdgoos, it sounds like the short answer is you need to cook your ribs longer.