Future smoker here...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sleeper

Original poster
I've been snooping around looking at info on smokers and such. Decided to register so I could interact. I'm a pretty capable DIY'er and no stranger to cooking and woodburning heaters, but I've never smoked meat before and I'm anxious to learn the art of it. Got a OK Joe's Highland for Christmas (early) and I have an ample supply of hickory and some other smoking woods on my land. Just wanted to say Hi and look forward to firing it up for the first time.

Welcome to the forum.  You have found the best smoking site on the web.  As you can see, this is the place for more recipes than you will have time to try in a year along with great tips and tidbits of information.  If needed you can also get any help you might need with questions.  Just a great family of great smokers. 

Yes we all may have slightly different methods and flavor preferences, but everyone here is willing to  share opinions in any way they can.

Keep the smoke rolling and share back with us.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a yucky ole day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                           great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky