Full Meal deal. Butt, Fatty, and beans- oh my! QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr porky

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 3, 2008
Spokane
Long day folks. Started a 8.5# butt at midnight this morning,nap at 2AM and up at 5:20AM. Got some friends and coworkers coming over and this by far is my largest meal. Got the butt, my entry for the fatty throwdown, and some of Dutch's beans. Got a full smoker, and heres pretty much where I stand as of now.

Full moon: air is right for smoking

doing the minion method so I can sneak a nap:

wood a soakin:

Its a beautiful morning:

Midday TBS:

One happy family. Butt has yet to make it to 170 then it will be foiled to 200. Gonna be a close one.

more to come as it happens!

All is done and over. Butt took longer than I thought but some guests were later than expected, so it all worked out great.
Butt was in the cooler leaving the fatty and beans to finish up:

pulled:

nothing fancy: but tasted good.

Thanks again for reading.

rob, that is one great lookin smoke!!!!! nice pics and looks like you had it goin last night!!!!

That was quite the good looking fatty....I need to try that. I have only smoked one so far and it really did not turn out that well.
confused.gif

Great lookin meal Porky. You got my stomach rumblin. Need to find something to eat. Can't put the ribs on til noon.

Thanks again folks. Twas alot of effort but it certainly paid off in spades, as very little was left over. I got enough pork for a couple sammiches, 1 piece o fatty and a heapin helpin of the beans. In all everyone enjoyed it and a few folks took a keen interest in the process and may even get into smokin as well. I also pointed them to this site, so they could see for themselves, the wealth of info here, and where all my pics from the day ended up
biggrin.gif

It was a success, both in timing and results. In all ended up with 12 adults and 8 kids. Only 1 no show.

Well its only my 2nd attempt, but like anything else just need to practice. My first was a perceived disaster but some perserverence got it to turn out ok. Give it another go and you'll see. Fat's is where its at

Nice job, well done.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Rob it all looks fantastic and it probably tasted even better nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky