Full Meal deal. Butt, Fatty, and beans- oh my! QVIEW

Discussion in 'Pork' started by mr porky, Jul 19, 2008.

1. mr porky

mr porky Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Long day folks. Started a 8.5# butt at midnight this morning,nap at 2AM and up at 5:20AM. Got some friends and coworkers coming over and this by far is my largest meal. Got the butt, my entry for the fatty throwdown, and some of Dutch's beans. Got a full smoker, and heres pretty much where I stand as of now.

Full moon: air is right for smoking

doing the minion method so I can sneak a nap:

wood a soakin:

Its a beautiful morning:

Midday TBS:

One happy family. Butt has yet to make it to 170 then it will be foiled to 200. Gonna be a close one.

more to come as it happens!

2. buck wheezer

buck wheezer Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Wow! Now I know what to do with my sleepless nights. Better get some butts in reserve for midnight smoking!

3. Looking good Porky. can't wait to see the finished product.

4. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looking good Porky.

5. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Waiting for the results. So far so good.

6. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks great Rob-points.

7. mr porky

All is done and over. Butt took longer than I thought but some guests were later than expected, so it all worked out great.
    Butt was in the cooler leaving the fatty and beans to finish up:

pulled:

nothing fancy: but tasted good.

Thanks again for reading.

8. flatbroke

flatbroke Smoking Fanatic

Very nice. Making me hungry

9. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

rob, that is one great lookin smoke!!!!! nice pics and looks like you had it goin last night!!!!

10. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

wow!!
    great smoke!

11. prov1

prov1 Smoke Blower

That was quite the good looking fatty....I need to try that. I have only smoked one so far and it really did not turn out that well. [​IMG]

12. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great lookin meal Porky. You got my stomach rumblin. Need to find something to eat. Can't put the ribs on til noon.

13. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

Good looking grub.

14. mr porky

Thanks again folks. Twas alot of effort but it certainly paid off in spades, as very little was left over. I got enough pork for a couple sammiches, 1 piece o fatty and a heapin helpin of the beans. In all everyone enjoyed it and a few folks took a keen interest in the process and may even get into smokin as well. I also pointed them to this site, so they could see for themselves, the wealth of info here, and where all my pics from the day ended up[​IMG]

It was a success, both in timing and results. In all ended up with 12 adults and 8 kids. Only 1 no show.

Well its only my 2nd attempt, but like anything else just need to practice. My first was a perceived disaster but some perserverence got it to turn out ok. Give it another go and you'll see. Fat's is where its at

15. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice job, well done.[​IMG]

16. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Rob it all looks fantastic and it probably tasted even better nice job [​IMG]

17. white cloud

white cloud Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sure does make one feel good when all turns out well. And that looks great. Good Job