Frustrated Newbie from Illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

laylah

Original poster
May 30, 2016
Hello all.  I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

I had a Brinkman Gourmet electric smoker for years.  Sadly, the element broke last fall and I've had the hardest time finding a new one.  After searching for a good 6 months, I broke down the other day and bought myself a small Smoky Hollow smoker.

For the life of me, I cannot get the wood to smoke in the little smoker box.  I've had the ribs on for about 2 hours now and still, no smoke!  I'm hoping one of you experts could enlighten me as to what I might be doing wrong.  I did soak the chips for less than an hour, if that makes a difference.

I'm happy to have found this site and look forward to learning new tricks from you all.

Regards,

Laylah 
sausage.gif

Welcome, we're glad you found this site too.

One of the sponsors of this site is a-maze-n smoke generator 

just type that in to any search engine including the one right up top here.

Those smoker thingys are great.

Light 'er up, stick it inside your pit and you got smoke.

When using chips don't soak them, just makes steam.

Don't get discouraged, it'll come together.

Enjoy.

Ed

Thank you for the welcome, Ed.

I get conflicting opinions about soaking the wood chips.  I'll try the not soaked method next time as well as check out that "smoker thingy".  

Good morning.  I have no idea what happened but it was very frustrating!  
hopmad.gif

As for the ribs, they weren't close to being as good as one's I've made in the past.  I hope Ed is right and it will come together.

Thank you for your response.

Good morning, Ed.

As I said earlier, the ribs sucked.
th_crybaby2.gif

Thanks for the link.  I'll check it out.

Have a great day. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky